Philip R. Geron, D.M.D.
Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr. Philip Geron completed his dental school training at UMDNJ in Newark, NJ. Dr. Geron subsequently completed an oral and maxillofacial surgery training program at UMDNJ and Jersey City Medical Trauma Center.
Dr. Geron is licensed to practice oral and maxillofacial surgery and general anesthesia, and completed a two-year fellowship program in orofacial pains and received certification at UMDNJ.
Dr. Geron subsequently received certifications in pain management and sleep disorders and has expertise in treating complex headache syndromes, facial pains and TMJ disorders, as well as sleep apnea.
Dr. Geron has earned his Fellowship status with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, has been practicing in Westfield, NJ since 1993, where the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery including wisdom teeth extraction, dental implants, and general anesthesia are also routinely performed.
Dr Paul CF Li, D.D.S, M.D
Dr. Paul CF Li obtained his B.S degree in Biochemistry and minored in business management at State University of New York at Stony Brook in 2001. During his time at SUNY Stony Brook, he was elected as an officer of the National Medical Honor Society. Dr. Paul CF Li received his Doctorate of Dental Surgery (D.D.S) degree from Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery in 2006. He furthered his education at Drexel University College of Medicine, receiving his medical degree (M.D.) in 2010.
Dr. Paul CF Li completed his 6 years of intense Oral Maxillofacial surgery specialty training at Drexel University & Hahnemann University Hospital and Saint Christopher’s Hospital for Children. He served as the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Chief Resident from 2010 to 2011. He continued his commitment to education and remained as an Associate clinical professor/instructor of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery at Hahnemann University Hospital and Saint Christopher’s Hospital for Children after graduation.
Dr. Paul CF Li’s clinical interests include pediatric and adult Oral Maxillofacial surgery, corrective jaw surgery, maxillofacial trauma, oral and maxillofacial pathology, as well as reconstructive surgery of the oral maxillofacial region. He has published numerous articles in his respective field, including Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and International Journal of Maxillofacial Trauma.
Westfield Oral Surgery Associates, P.C. includes doctors:
- Philip R. Geron, D.M.D., Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dr Paul CF Li, D.D.S, M.D
Our Physicians trained at the folllowing prestigious Dental Schools:
- Philip R. Geron, D.M.D. – University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Dr Paul CF Li, D.D.S, M.D. – Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery, Drexel University & Hahnemann University Hospital and Saint Christopher’s Hospital for Children
Expertise Certifications Include:
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Acadamy of Pain Management
- American Board of Orofacial Pains
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Board of Forensic Odontology
Awards & Commendations
- NJ Monthly
- Dr. Geron was voted by peers Top 10 Maxillofacial Surgeons in state
- Commissioned by New York to assist in World Trade Tower identifications, September 11, 2001
- NJ Top Doctors, 2002
- NJ State PBA Maxillofacial “surgeon”
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center
- Valley Hospital
Professional Organizations (past and current)
- American Dental Association
- NJ Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Craniomandibular Society of New York
- Northeast Craniomandibular Society
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- International Society of Police Surgeons
- American Acadamy of Sleep Medicine
- Sleep Research Society