You just received your mandibular tongue and palatal repositioner. As with anything new, there is always a break-in period. Below are some basic instructions and information which you may find helpful during your break-in period and during your continued use of the device:
1. During the first week to ten days, you may experience increased or decreased salivary flow. This is normal and transient.
2. During the first week, you may experience some jaw tightness or discomfort in the mornings upon waking. This, too, is usually temporary and is self-correcting. Should the pains continue or should they increase, call our office immediately for instructions.
3. You may experience difficulty closing your teeth to normal position during the initial use of the device. This, too, is self-correcting within ten to fifteen minutes. If this symptom persists or should you notice any changes in your bite, please call as soon as possible.
4. Clean you dental device with a soft toothbrush and toothpaste as necessary. Do not use denture cleaners unless advised to do so; these can damage your appliance. Do not use alcohol or mouthwash.
5. It is important for you to return to the doctor for follow-up visits initially as recommended, then at six months and one year intervals. This is so we can assess the condition and functioning of your device.
6. If you notice any bite changes, please contact our office immediately, or they may not be reversible.
7. Bring your device or stone models to your dental visits when larger or new restorations are being placed so that your dentist may contour your restorations of fillings to the device as close as possible. If this cannot be done, please call our office.
8. Once you have gotten used to the device and once it's been adjusted to a maximum therapeutic level, it is indicated to return for a repeat sleep study (PSG) to determine the actual effectiveness of the device on your snoring and sleep apnea condition. This information will help us further adjust the device or consider a secondary or additional treatment plan for you.
9. Keep all appliances and devices out of range of pets, as they like to chew them.
10. We guarantee our devices for one year for conditions related to routine breakage, unstable fit, and the like. Damages caused by pets and extrinsic forces can be repaired at an additional charge. Download the PDF
Sleep Appliance Post-insertion Instructions
320 Lenox Avenue, Westfield, New Jersey 07090 Phone: (908) 233-8088 • Fax: (908) 232-4662